31 January 2013

I Love Anime! Persona 4 and Star Driver

Trolololololololo~ -skip like a fairy- Aww, I miss my fellow fairies. 

Anime mode... ACTIVATE! 

Have I ever mentioned I love Anime? Like I seriously fricking LOVE IT! However, I did take a hiatus for about 4 months from watching any anime. That's like 30 years in my anime-watching time. I can list loads of reasons why but it's mainly I have ran out of brilliant animes and I have just sort of gone off it. It's no worry though, because I am back! -run and give anime a big hug-


Persona 4: The Animation




Studio: AIC ASTA and Aniplex

Year: 2011 - 2012

Episodes: 25 + 1 True ending

Genre: Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Drama, Mystery, Horror

Storyline: When Yu Narumaki moves to a rural country town of Inaba with his uncle and cousin for a year, he was expecting more peace and quiet than the big city. Instead, a series of mysterious murders and kidnappings occur in the town. Things get even crazier when he discovers the "Midnight Channel" and that he has the special ability to enter into TVs. Accompanied by his disbelieving friends, Yu discovers another world inside the TVs which seemed to be connected to the murders. They also gain "Persona", whose power can be used to fight the shadows that inhabit the TV world. Yu and his friends fight to figure out how everything is connected and try to solve the case before it's too late.

If case you haven't realised, it's based off the game and according to a friend of mine, the storyline stayed very close to the plot of the game. Unfortunately, I haven't played the game. I REALLY want to. But I just can't. I don't own a PS2 or PS Vita. It's such a shame, I know.

This isn't a review or anything, it's just my thoughts after I watched the entire series. Okay, it's like a review but 76% less serious. Let's start of with a graph. Graph, GO!



Please let me to explain this graph. An anime graph is pretty much exactly the same as a rom-com graph.

Normal--Increase in happiness--PEAK--Decrease by 70%--Goes back up and TADA! Happily every after


Paint sort of limit the graph I wanted to draw, but it turned out okay. So yay!

Before I really dive in, here's some Persona 4 images that you can enjoy:




Chibis FTW! They are adorable and hilarious.


From the Game

I am pretty sure everyone like Yu.

So I spent last weekend watching this entire anime in one go. Well, split into 2 days. It's been on my to-watch list for ages but I just haven't got around to watching it. To sum up my feelings... I LOVE IT! The entire anime was amazing. It was a quality action-packed good fantasy anime. It's probably because it's based off such a good game. So I am going to try to explain things I liked and didn't liked about it without spoiling.

Awesomeness:
  • The art for the animation is brilliant. The eyes and hair are really well done.
  • It's fantasy and they use personas while wearing glasses. Enough said.
  • WATCH EP 7! It's so disturbing but hilarious at the same time. It's like the best episode in my opinion.
  • All the main characters are so loveable and you can't really hate them. Well, you can. But they all undergo developments. 
Not-so-awesomeness:
  • I am very good with predicting storylines. So it comes at no surprise that the entire plot didn't surprise me. I did predict just about all of it. That's just me. It might not be as predictable if you watch it yourself.
  • The preview of the next episode at the end of each episode is awful. It seriously makes every episode look all scary and sad. -shiver-
I liked all the Arcanas cards. They aren't that special or different but I liked it. My favourite character was probably Naoto, for reasons I can not say, or Chie. Of all the personas, I like Himiko, Rise's persona the best. But Yukiko's persona Honohana Sakuya was the prettiest.

Overall rating: ... -drumroll- ... 8.4 / 10



This comic dub for Persona 4 is so funny. Seriously, even without knowing much about the anime or the game, it's still hilarious. It's like a parody of Persona 4, even when it's already funny. Enjoy~ 

Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto


This was the last anime I watched in September last year before my long hiatus. It's a seriously good anime.



Studio: Bones

Year: 2010 - 2011

Episodes: 25

Genre: Mecha, Action, Sci-fi, Comedy, Drama

Storyline: It takes place on the fictional Southern Cross Isle. One night, a boy named Takuto washes up on shore from swimming from the mainland. After being rescued by Wako, he later enrolls into the Southern Cross High School as a freshman and meet different people. However, underneath the school is a group of mysterious giants called Cybodies, which are controlled by humans in a dimension known as Zero Time. The story follows Takuto as The "Galactic Pretty Boy" as he fight against a group called "Glittering Crux Brigade". 

Here's some pictures of the anime:





The thing I loved most about this anime is the 4 maiden's songs. My rankings: 
  1. Monochrome - Sakana-chan
  2. Komorebi no Contact - Wako
  3. Innocent Blue - Mizuno
  4. Akiiro no Aria - Keito

Monochrome by Sakana-chan is one of my favourite Japanese song of all time. No jokes. I love it so much that I have it on my iPod and I did listen to it non-stop on replay for days. It was a little crazy obsession. Although I don't like Wako, her song was better than the other two. I suggest you either watch the anime or Youtube the songs to find out how pretty they are.  

There are a few complains I have for the anime:
  • I hate love triangles. I absolutely loathe them. It's not much of a spoiler that Star Driver has a love triangle. I hate it. Garrr~ -shiver at how bad it is-
  • I didn't like Wako. At all. Not even at the beginning. I should, because she is the female lead. But I just can't. I really just don't like her on many levels. 
  • Some of the characters and sub-plot was just... what?! It was so random and weird that I don't really have words for it. 

The ending... my reaction was: Just... WHAT?! WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?! That was how bad the ending was. I can't even call it an ending. It was that bad. All those terrible things aside, I really enjoyed this anime. Luckily, I found out there is going to be a movie coming out! I am so exciting for it. Because it was a really good anime but the ending was terrible. I hope the movie makes up for the bad ending. It's coming out in 9 days! 9 days! Can't you wait? No, I can't either! Here are some posters for the movie: 





Overall rating: 7.5 / 10

Hope you will like the animes~ 

1 comment:

  1. Anime always reminds me of a kid I went to school with. He was super nice and would always want to talk about anime :)

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete