24 February 2013

Films! In My 10 Days Holiday

Hey! First thing first, it snowed again. Yes, it snowed 2 days ago and it's still covered with snow everywhere. It's rather boring because 1. It obstruct vehicles and 2. It's a pain when it melts. Second thing first, or is it first thing second? One of it must work. Anyway, -thumbs up- for berries smoothies! Yeah, I had like 2 yesterday? Like giant cups and they are delicious. Then I had chocolate ice-cream cone today, I am not much of a person for diet and eating healthy. 

Nevertheless, let's talk about... MURDERS! -insert rainbow background-. Okay, I am just messing with you. That was lifted from the Persona 4 comic dub. Seriously, let's talk about... MOVIES! When you get a 10 days worth of quality break and you are a huge movie addict and it's the Oscars tonight... Yep, watching a load of movies happens. It's a shame I can't watch the Oscars live, but I still get to know the results tomorrow and hopefully want it when I get home. I like going off topic so let's talk about 2013 Oscars Best Picture nominations for the time being. I can talk about my other movies after this.

There are 9 movies nominated and I have watched about... 3? So that's about a third, it's not that bad. I have seen:
  • Les Miserables = 8.8 / 10
  • Life of Pi = 8.7 / 10
  • Beasts of the Southern Wild = 8.2 / 10
They are 3 excellent movies but I also wanted to see Amour, Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook. French films are a bit of a hit of miss. I still have to see Amelie but my mum says it's amazing. See? I went off topic again! I am great at doing it. I will watch those movies though. Just on a side note, Anne Hathaway deserves that Oscars. My family and I just made predictions for all the categorises and we are totally battling out to see who wins, even though none of us have seen all the movies. Oh well, it's fun anyway.  

Let's have a look at all the movies I have seen recently! (They are not going to be in long details and cutting out the storyline because that would take forever.)


Wreck-It Ralph

Genre: Animation, Comedy, Adventure
Film Rating: PG
Starring (Voice): John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch
Running Time: 108 minutes

This. Is. The. Best. Animation. Movie. EVER! On many many MANY different levels. It's a quality animation movie which you don't really see now-a-days. I just love this movie. Even if you are not into video games, like me, still, WATCH IT! It's heart-warming and awesome. I admit that I even started to tear up near the end even though I know what would happen. I hope it wins the animation Oscar.  

Rating: 9.2 / 10


So Undercover

Genre: Action, Comedy, Romance
Film Rating: 12A
Starring: Miley Cyrus, Jeremy Piven, Joshua Bowman, Lauren McKnight, Eloise Mumford
Running Time: 94 minutes

To say it bluntly, I have no idea why I decided to watch it. Seriously. I don't particularly like or dislike Miley Cyrus. It's cliché and predictable. There wasn't actually any hope of it being a good movie. But still, I watched it. I must say, it's not all that bad and a complete waste of time. Don't take it as good because it wasn't. It was all cliché and predictable and not great. It's basically a college version of Miss Congeniality. If you are looking for a cheesy, have time to waste on a "Rom-Com", go for it. Just don't expect anything. Miley Cyrus was a whole lot better in The Last Song. 

Rating: 5.4 / 10

I mentioned that I watched Breaking Dawn Part 1 and 2 in my last post so I don't bother talking about them again. I usually watch East Asian (Chinese, Hong Kong, Japanese, Korean) movies with my family. So let's get into those. 


Cold War (寒戰)

Genre: Action, Drama, Mystery
Starring: Aaron Kwok, Tony Leung, Andy Lau, Charlie Yeung, Gordon Lam
Running Time: 102 minutes

This movie has it all. Drama, suspense and great actors. It's one of those movie you should definitely watch even if you are not into the whole police thing. It's a super recommend from my mum and uncle.

Rating: 8.7 / 10


Natural Born Lovers (天生愛情狂)

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama
Starring: Julian Cheung, Annie Liu, Oscar Leung, Anna Kay, Mandy Wong
Running Time: 106 minutes

Yes, it's another rom-com. This one was sort of refreshing. I don't like any of the director's works but this one was half decent. It has a nice idea. Considering the poor Hong Kong rom-com film industry, this one is quite good. I liked it at least. But it was still creepy. You have been warned. 

Rating: 7.4 / 10



Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons (西遊·降魔篇)

Genre: Action, Martial Art, Comedy, Fantasy, Adventure
Starring: Huang Bo, Shu Qi, Wen Zhang, Show Luo
Running Time: 110 minutes

Yay! It's a Stephen Chow movie. That is as good as it gets. It's a hugely disappointing movie considering it smashed the Chinese box-office. It should be funny but there is about 2 scenes of 2 minutes which is vaugely amusing. Stephen Chow's last movie was CJ 7 and that was terrible. This is better but still a bad movie. I mean, Stephen Chow is such a comedic legend! I did sort of watch the movie because Show Luo had a tiny part. The must amusing part for me was when the enormous fish ate the little girl.

Rating: 5.2 / 10

I said I have seen quite a few films in 10 days but all in all... -counting- 10. Oh! I have 10! Ha! That's like 1 film per day. Hmmmmmmmmm.... I am totes awesome.

Torturing hell, also known as school starts again tomorrow so I will probably be busy again. -frown- But I will keep posting. I do have a music post saved up for tomorrow. I promise I will have one. When I make a promise, I keep it. Talk to ya soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment