21 March 2013

History Revision = Hetalia!

Hey! 

I HAVE A NIGHT OFF! Well, close enough. I don't have any homework tonight so I sort of have a break where I can do whatever I want. Which, after multiple Youtube videos, ended up being revision. Yup, I am totally that depressing to be revising on my night off. I mean I do care about my GCSEs but that's not the point right now. So I am revising history. When I say revising history, I really just mean watching Hetalia: Axis Powers.

(L to R) Japan. Germany. Italy. Chibitalia.

Please enjoy this GIF of classic Italy. :)


PASTAAAAA~

I watch it English dubbed because it's a surprisingly amazing dubbed anime. It's not strictly always correct history and it's a comic take on it, but it's information is not that bad. Watch the German Hyper Inflation episode. It's actually true to history. It can pass as history revision. Totally. Plus each episodes are only 4 minutes or so long. I can finish like 12 in an hour. Score!


Hetalia: Axis Powers

Episodes: 52 (5 minutes each)
Studio: Studio Deen
Year: 2009-2010
Genre: Comedy, Historical, Parody
Storyline: Italy, once home of the strongest empire in the world, has changed. This is the story of Italy (Hetalia), now a cowardly pasta-loving fool, and his friend (other personified countries of the world, namely Germany and Japan) as they live through strange but interesting moments in world history.

Everyone knows there are a lot of countries in the world. So instead of me rambling on about all the characters (countries) in Hetalia, I have decided to use pictures. Yes, it's confusing with so many characters. 


Everyone love cute chibi version of things.

I am not even going to go into all the fan-fiction for Hetalia. There are far too many Yaoi/Shounen Ai ships. But I am going to take Belarus as an example of some awesome fan drawings. 

Original

This one is just pretty.

Kickass Belarus and a male version of her = YES!

No, she is not the Ice Queen. This is just a pretty shoujo version.

By far my favourite fan drawing.
Seriously, SHE IS A LOLITA ASSASSIN!
That drawing style = I WANT!

I am only on Season 2 but I am loving it so far. I am totally keeping up my 'history' revision!

~Draw a circle, that's the Earth. I am Hetalia!~

No comments:

Post a Comment